Orange Jelly pots recipe
Orange jelly pots recipe- Made from real orange juices, served in funky orange boats.
I’m in the room working and my daughter comes running to me shouting- I want to make the jelly boats, I want to make the jelly boats!!!! and i am wondering.. what is this ?? I thought, another art and craft thing that she must have watched on TV, cause last ,after her long day from school, And having her snacks she wanted to watch some TV .And just 5 minutes later she is here, wanting to make something.. Ok so I calmed her and asked her what is Jelly boats.. Here is the explanation in her words-
Aahana-it is jelly in the orange cups with grapes and mint leaves, and you eat it.. it is yummyyyyy.. and I want it NOW!!!!!
Me-OK…. fine, let me see how to make it.
I go in to see and of course the jelly boats recipe is over. So I tell my little one that now I cannot make it because I did not watch the recipe.
Aahana- But it is really easy mumma..
then she gives the whole explanation.. and also tells me that if I missed it, I can check it online..
She made sure I check it online, and found it. And of course I wouldn’t have gotten away without trying it. But the good thing is that it really turned out well and she and her friends loved it.
So this is a great dessert to make for parties, or kids playdates, and is quite simple to make.Also this is way much better than the store bought jelly’s, and has some real fruit in it. Oh and it looks so pretty.
Th original recipe calls for the orange kernels with flesh removed. Theses kernels are then used as a mould to set in the jelly. And it needs orange juice as well. So in my recipe when I removed the orange flesh, I used the same flesh to make the orange juice. No wastage and more healthy!!
Once you take out the flesh you can simple press it through the sieve and take out the juice.If the qty of the juice is not enough for the recipe, you can use the store bought, or squeeze some more orange juice at home.
The oranges I used were quite sweet and I did not add any sugar. If you want the jelly to be more sweet, you can add sugar syrup once you take out the juice, and before adding the gelatine granules.
So to make these, first mix the gelatine granules in some warm water and stir till it is dissolved.Then add the required qty of orange juice in the gelatine mix.
Place the orange cups into a muffin tray or bowl so that they do not topple over and are balanced. Now put the cut grapes pieces into the orange cups, and pour over the orange juice mix in. Place the cups in the fridge for 3-4 hrs till they are nicely set.
Once set, take these out and garnish with cut grapes, pierce the mint leaves into the coctail umbrellas and pop these in the jelly pots. Serve chilled to the little monsters as a little treat and im sure they will love these!!!
Orange Jelly Pots
- 2 pcs oranges take out the flesh and use the skin to fill in the juice
- 18 pcs grapes seedless and cut into halves.
- 2 tsp gelatine granules
- 200 ml orange juice home made/ store bought
- 100 ml boiled water it should be warm enough so that the gelatine granules dissolve in it.
- few fresh mint leaves
- Cut the oranges into halves, and using a spoon carefully separate all the pulp from the skin, so the skin can be used as a cup.
- If you are using home made orange juice,use the separated orange pulp to squeeze out the juice. Press it through the sieve and filter out the juice nicely. You will get enough for this recipe .Keep it separately.
- Place the skins in a muffin tray , so that they don't tip over once filled.
- Place 2 halves of grapes in each orange cup, or more if your kids love grapes..Mine added 5-6.
- Now Mix gelatine in the hot water and stir till it is completely dissolved.
- Add juice in Gelatine water and mix well.
- Pour the juice mix into the orange cups and fill the cups
- Carefully transfer the tray to the fridge and let it set for 3-4 hours. Make sure the jelly is set before taking out the tray.
- Once done, garnish it with grape halves. Pierce the mint leaves in the stick of the cocktail umbrellas and pop those in the jelly.
- Serve this yummy dessert to hungry little tummy's. They will love it ..