My Berlin visit
My Berlin visit- Snippets from my visit to Berlin, Germany with the University to attend the fashion week.During my master’s term while at Manchester Metropolitan university , i got the opportunity to visit Berlin to attend the Berlin fashion week and it was a great experience.
Here are some of the memories of the trip, in images of the beautiful city, art, architecture, fashion week and of course the food. How can i write a post and not share food! Thats what we are here for. Right ?
The places we visited
The most famous Kebab point in Berlin. We queued here for an hour in the chilling, cold night and by the time we were close, the place ran out of the kebabs, and we had no patience left to wait another few minutes for him to grill new ones.
So we left without having a taste of these ! Bad timing and bad luck .The place is called Mustafas- Gemuse kebap.If you get a chance do try these. If you are looking for more food and places to eat in Berlin, check it out here.
Yeah! i got my passport stamped .
The best Pretzel we had at the stations in Berlin – Ditsch , at just 80cents and it was the soooooo good- our go to snack every evening.
The fashion week exhibition glimpses -Premium, SEEK, Panorama, and Neo Nyt.
3D printing techniques, Sustainable fabrics like recycled ocean bottles, vegan plant based fabrics, recycled Denim , leathers made using apples, cactus ,pineapple leaves , mushrooms and more was there .
Yes ,you read it right, that is apple skin.Though it has nothing to do with eating, it’s a sustainable alternative to leather.
Thats apple skin leather made out of real apples, and the other picture is the denim being recycled.Some amazing ways to explore and adopt sustainable fashion and living.
The Yummy Macolat chocolates and the amazing hot lunch we had at one of the food stalls- Vegan Swedish meatballs.Loved them .I have shortlisted a vegan Swedish meatball recipe and another one for chicken Swedish meatballs for you guys to try incase you just decided you want this for dinner tonight.
Hope you guys loved this sneak peek into my Berlin Trip.Berlin is a city that has so much history to it. Here is a great article on Top facts about Berlin, if you are interested to know more about Berlin’s history. If you are planning a trip to Berlin , my fellow bloggers have some amazing posts on Berlin travels. Do check these out-
- Kiddo Adventures Groupon Berlin Holidays has some amazing tips for your Berlin trip if you are travelling with Kids.
- Spin the windrose Top 11 things to do in Berlin is an interesting read for a short Berlin trip.Also check these out for short trips to Berlin- 24 hours in Berlin and Berlin itinerary for a 3 day trip.
- Looking for some free things to do in Berlin? Check this out- Mummy Matters- 10 free things to do in Berlin.
- What to do in Berlin in a day ? Check this out- 24 hours in Berlin
- Stylish traveller and The travels of Mrs B have some great articles on visiting Berlin.
- A budget weekend holiday in Berlin is another great read for your weekend Berlin Trip.
Tell me about your favourite experiences, the food you enjoyed, or your disappointments while you travelled . Are there any places that you want to recommend.Let me know all of this in the comments.I would love to read your stories, and experiences.Tag these using #tworollingfeet and #frombowltosoul_.
Join the “From bowl to soul” mailing list to hear more from us. Sign up here 👇
More travel destinations
- Aloo gobi matar (Easy traybake Recipe)
- Top travel tips for travelling to Scottish highlands – How to prepare for a perfect family staycation
- Beautiful Scottish highlands – Onich, Fort Williams, and Glen Etive Drive
- How to cook arbi fries / taro chips – Fried and oven baked recipe
- Bhindi Masala / Okra Masala Recipe