Creamy Mushroom Soup recipe
This creamy mushroom soup is a heart warming delicious soup for all the mushroom lovers.
On a blustery winter evening, after a hectic day,who wouldn’t love to relax with their family, in their warm home, on a cozy couch, and dunk warm crusty bread lathered with butter in a bowl full of steaming creamy soup.I guess you all would!!!
So this one day, I was looking for some nice and easy soup recipe to create a perfect family evening.I had mushrooms in the fridge, and I wanted to cook something different using mushrooms. I had soup on my mind , I started searching for mushroom soup recipes. Found quite a few recipes on the internet, but couldn’t actually decide which one to go with as I did not have all the ingredients, for any one recipe. So I gathered all the ingredients that I had and made a recipe that was a kind of an adaptation of 2-3 recipes. But one thing I can promise.. the result was pure deliciousness..and I did succeed in my attempt to create a nice cozy family evening, without too much of an effort 😉
If you love your mushrooms, and want to create a warm ,simple but filling soup/starter , I would really recommend you try this recipe.You can pair this with garlic breads, crusty mini cheese bruschetta, toasted and buttered ciabatta , or even a simple cheese toast.
Join the “From bowl to soul” mailing list to hear more from us. Sign up here 👇
Creamy Mushroom soup
- 300 grams Button Mushrooms roughly chopped
- 2 medium onions roughly chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic roughly chopped or even whole can be used
- 1 tsp butter to saute sliced mushrooms for garnishing
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 7-8 pieces peppercorns you can use crushed pepper or pepper powder instead
- 1/2 tsp Crushed pepper for garnishing
- a pinch nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp Crème fraîche / fresh cream
- 1 cup water / vegetable stock
- Few sprigs coriander chopped for garnishing
- Wash and clean the mushrooms. Slice evenly 10-15 pcs separately . Heat a tsp of butter and saute these for 5-7minutes. Keep aside for garnishing.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter ,add roughly chopped rest of the mushrooms, onions, garlic cloves, peppercorns.Pop the lid on. Cook gently till the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the wholewheat flour and saute till the raw smell of the flour is gone.Keep stirring to ensure that the flour doesn't get burnt.
- Add the milk slowly. Continue stirring.Cook for 5-7 minutes, till the soup starts to boil and gets a creamy consistency.
- Let the mixture cool.Then blend it to form a creamy texture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. If required add little more water / vegetable stock to get the consistency you want.
- Add salt, nutmeg powder . Mix well . Garnish with the sautéed mushroom slices, creme/ Crème fraîche,coriander and crushed pepper.
Recent recipes on the blog
- How to cook arbi fries / taro chips – Fried and oven baked recipe
- Bhindi Masala / Okra Masala Recipe
- Rose and cardamom infused hot chocolate recipe
- Gajrela recipe | gajar ka halwa | Carrot pudding recipe
- Quick tuna tacos with creamy mayonnaise dressing