Creamy Mushroom Soup recipe
This creamy mushroom soup is a heart warming delicious soup for all the mushroom lovers.
On a blustery winter evening, after a hectic day,who wouldn’t love to relax with their family, in their warm home, on a cozy couch, and dunk warm crusty bread lathered with butter in a bowl full of steaming creamy soup.I guess you all would!!!
So this one day, I was looking for some nice and easy soup recipe to create a perfect family evening.I had mushrooms in the fridge, and I wanted to cook something different using mushrooms. I had soup on my mind , I started searching for mushroom soup recipes. Found quite a few recipes on the internet, but couldn’t actually decide which one to go with as I did not have all the ingredients, for any one recipe. So I gathered all the ingredients that I had and made a recipe that was a kind of an adaptation of 2-3 recipes. But one thing I can promise.. the result was pure deliciousness..and I did succeed in my attempt to create a nice cozy family evening, without too much of an effort 😉
If you love your mushrooms, and want to create a warm ,simple but filling soup/starter , I would really recommend you try this recipe.You can pair this with garlic breads, crusty mini cheese bruschetta, toasted and buttered ciabatta , or even a simple cheese toast.
Join the “From bowl to soul” mailing list to hear more from me
A heart warming delicious creamy soup for all the mushroom lovers.
- 300 grams Button Mushrooms roughly chopped
- 2 medium onions roughly chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic roughly chopped or even whole can be used
- 1 tsp butter to saute sliced mushrooms for garnishing
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 7-8 pieces peppercorns you can use crushed pepper or pepper powder instead
- 1/2 tsp Crushed pepper for garnishing
- a pinch nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp Crème fraîche / fresh cream
- 1 cup water / vegetable stock
- Few sprigs coriander chopped for garnishing
Wash and clean the mushrooms. Slice evenly 10-15 pcs separately . Heat a tsp of butter and saute these for 5-7minutes. Keep aside for garnishing.
Heat 2 tbsp of butter ,add roughly chopped rest of the mushrooms, onions, garlic cloves, peppercorns.Pop the lid on. Cook gently till the mushrooms are soft.
Add the wholewheat flour and saute till the raw smell of the flour is gone.Keep stirring to ensure that the flour doesn't get burnt.
Add the milk slowly. Continue stirring.Cook for 5-7 minutes, till the soup starts to boil and gets a creamy consistency.
Let the mixture cool.Then blend it to form a creamy texture.
Bring the mixture to a boil. If required add little more water / vegetable stock to get the consistency you want.
Add salt, nutmeg powder . Mix well . Garnish with the sautéed mushroom slices, creme/ Crème fraîche,coriander and crushed pepper.
To adjust the consistency of the soup you can add more milk instead of water/ vegetable stock .
More on the blog
- Olives and Garlic Bruschetta Bites Recipe
- Baked Rosemary Garlic Potato wedges Recipe
- Melons, Mango and herbs summer salad recipe
- Garlic Spinach Kadhi/ Lehsuni Palak kadhi Recipe
- Night Zookeeper- A great online tool challenging your child’s creativity.