SUPER SIMPLE CHOCOLATE DISCS RECIPE
Indulge yourself in these easy, lush and delicious homemade chocolates sprinkled with nuts and fruits .Perfect on their own, or get cozy and just toss these in hot milk for a perfect cup of creamy, luscious hot chocolate.
- 1 cup chocolate (dark chocolate bar/ milk chocolate or chocolate chips)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp almond flakes
- 1 tbsp dried fruits (cranberries/ goji berries)
- 1/2 tsp crushed pistachios
- a pinch of salt
Line the cupcake cases in a tray.
In the bigger pan take hot water.
In the smaller pan take chocolate, salt and butter . Mix these till the chocolates melt .
Once the chocolates melt, immediately add a tbsp of melted chocolate to each cupcake case forming a thin chocolate layer in each case.
Sprinkle the pistachios, nuts and berries on top.
Keep these in the fridge and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes depending on the temperature at your place.
Once done, remove these from fridge and use as and when needed, or wrap and gift these delicious discs to your friends and family.
- Adding some cashews and dried cranberries instead of goji berries makes it more festive. Add some pecans,raisins and Sultanas, or dried raspberries or coconut chips .
- If you are making it for kids adding some sprinkles is a great idea.
- To make it more festive, or if you are gifting it to someone you could add some edible glitter to make these sparkly. Sticking edible gold or silver foil makes this look really indulgent.
- Adding a bit of vanilla extract enhances the flavour of these chocolate discs. Chocolates and orange is a smashing flavour, so instead of vanilla adding some orange extract and some orange zest will give it a perfect citrus twist.
- Adding a tiny bit of salt flakes will enhance the taste of these chocolate discs.