Beetroot powder made at home, using organic beets.
Thoroughly wash the beets with enough water. Peel ,wipe the beets and grate the beetroots, using a grater .
Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees (Fan). Line your baking pan with parchment paper, and spread the grated beetroot in one layer .
Roast in the oven for around 15-18 minutes. After 8-10 minutes, stir the grated beets to ensure that it is heated uniformly.
Once the grated beetroots have dried, turn off the oven, open the oven door, and leave the beets in oven for another 15-20 minutes.
Once cool, grind these in a mixer grinder to form fine powder.
Your beetroot powder is ready. Store in an airtight container, and keep in the fridge !
1. Use organic beetroots.
2. Make sure not to overheat the beetroots, so check these inbetween cooking and do give them a stir once after 8-10 minutes.
3. If the beetroots qty is high, make sure to increase the cooking time in the oven as per the qty, and spread the qty in a single layer in two different trays.
4. Let the cooked beetroots cool in the oven before grinding.
5. You can use a coffee grinder for grinding the beetroots.
6. Three medium sized beetroots yielded about 20gms of beetroot powder, you can adjust the qty of beetroots to be used as per this.