Apple Berry smoothie recipe
Im not very fond of apples, so to add apples to my diet, I usually add apples to my smoothies. This is a great combination of apples, a few strawberries-you can use frozen strawberries as well, few gooseberries(these are available in summers in England and are so so good for your immune system, so do add these to your diet).
Other things that I added are carrot, ginger slice, peanut butter for the fat and protein(this can be replaced with a few soaked almonds),greek yoghurt (omit this if using nut milk), flaxseeds and honey for sweetness.
If you think honey is not required as the fruits have their own sweetness, you can omit it.
Detailed recipe below-
- 1 Apple slices- use regular or green apple
- 4-5 strawberries frozen
- 2-3 gooseberries british gooseberries
- 1/2 medium sized carrot
- small slice of fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp peanut butter optional
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp flaxseeds Ground or whole
- 1 cup water add as per the consistency you want
- honey as per your taste
- ice cubes
Put all the ingredients in a blender, and blend till smooth.